Here’s a great personal favourite recipe of mine, a great choice for dinner:
- 250g of cooked salmon
- 3 medium size potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove any bones and skin from the salmon. Use a fork to flake it into small pieces.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until cooked. Drain and cool . Mash into potato mask.
- Mix the fish , potatoes and spring onions together. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Shape into fishcakes and place into fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dip into beaten egg and remove from egg mixture.
- Dip into panko bread crumbs until covered on all sides. Place on plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil or olive oil until hot.
- Add fish cakes to the pan and after a minute, reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh green salad and lemon wedges. You can also serve with Tartare Sauce if desired.
Let us know in the comments if you try this recipe out and what you think of it!